Façade Improvement Programs
The URA offers several different façade improvement programs designed to help commercial building owners and tenants improve or restore their storefronts.
STREETFACE RENOVATION PROGRAM
The Streetface Renovation Program is designed to help business owners make improvements to their façades and improve the “face” of their commercial districts by creating more attractive street-level experiences.
STOREFRONT RENOVATION PROGRAM
The Storefront Renovation Program is designed to help business owners make improvements to their storefronts and improve the appearance of our neighborhoods’ commercial corridors.
DOWNTOWN FAÇADE RESTORATION PROGRAM
The Downtown Façade Restoration Program is designed to promote the preservation and improvement of buildings between Liberty Avenue and First Avenue in the Golden Triangle.
CULTURAL DISTRICT HISTORIC FAÇADE RESTORATION PROGRAM
The Cultural District Historic Façade Restoration Program is designed to promote the preservation and improvement of the buildings in the Penn-Liberty Historic District, a portion of the nascent cultural district adjacent to Heinz Hall and the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts.
Who is eligible?
Businesses must be located within the City of Pittsburgh.
Types of Businesses
1. Commercial establishments (retail and wholesale trade).
2. Service establishments to include:
- Personal services (e.g.: dry cleaners, laundromats, barber & beauty shops, etc.);
- Certain repair services (e.g.: office equipment, radio/television, bicycle, furniture, locksmith, etc.); and
- Business services (e.g.: advertising, office management, printing, etc.).
- Professional services (e.g.: doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects, etc.);
Website URL: http://www.ura.org/
To learn more about the URA’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship many programs please Click Here