- This event has passed.
CONNECTS: Smart Start Law- Protecting your IP
February 18 | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Learn how to deal with intellectual property issues, including
- What are copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets?
- Developing an IP strategy (do you always need that patent? are you patenting new IP?)
- How to protect your company’s IP
- How not to infringe on another’s IP
- How to handle IP created by class projects when one or more students want to pursue commercialization
- How to handle IP created by your employees, including invention assignment and non-compete clauses
- What to expect after filing a patent application (timing and expenses)
- Tips on searching the US Patent Office database