The Micro-Enterprise Loan Program is part of the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh’s (URA) strategy to promote opportunities for groups who have not had ready access to business financing in the City of Pittsburgh, including minority- and women-owned businesses.
We help people who have/need:
- insufficient collateral for a traditional loan
- Pre-businesses, Startups, Existing businesses
- Credit history concerns
- Technical Assistance
We cannot fund:
- Multi-level marketing enterprises
- Real estate purchases
The maximum loan about is $20,000 and or up to 90% of your total project costs. Minimal loans for the program are $5,000
The interest rate shall not exceed 2% and shall be a fixed rate for the term of the loan. There are no prepayment penalties.
If loan is approved, borrower must participate in 5 hrs of mandatory technical assistance. The URA will pay the cost of the TA.
Length of Loan:
Loan term starting at 3 years (36 mos.) with a maximum term of 7 years (84 mos.), depending on use of funds.
- Application Fee: the program requires a $150 Application Fee, of which $50 is due at time of application submission and is non-refundable.
- Due Diligence Fee: Two percent (2%) of the total URA loan, which may be financed as part of the total project costs.
- Filing Fees: All filing fees will be the responsibility of the applicant (i.e. Mortgages, UCCs, Assignment of Leases and Rents, etc.)
Call the URA’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship for more information: 412-255-6647